Submission Deadline for Proposals: 8 July 2020
You Can Assist with Developing the 2021 Technical Program
CLEO welcomes all members of the optics and photonics community to suggest topics or program ideas for three programs: Special Symposia, Applications & Technology Topical Reviews and Workshops. All proposals for these programs will be evaluated by CLEO General and Program Chairs.
Special Symposia, comprised of invited and contributed papers, cover areas considered to be topical and of special interest to attendees in the areas Application & Technology, Science & Innovation and Fundamental Science. (See topic categories.)
Submissions should consist of timely, cutting-edge topics and/or new material in rapidly advancing areas.
A&T Topical Reviews
Topical Reviews are comprised of invited and contributed papers and emphasize significant recent advances in the application of photonics technologies to address current, real-world problems.
Submissions should consist of timely, cutting-edge topics and/or new material in rapidly advancing areas related to applications and technology.
A workshop is composed of a panel of specialists and a moderator. It provides a highly interactive, open forum to address controversial topics that are not covered by traditional presentations, but that are of interest and importance to the CLEO community. The informal format of the workshops promotes significant interaction with the audience and the expression of conflicting or opposing opinions.
Submissions should consist of topics, not necessarily technical, for which there is no clear consensus but that are relevant to the CLEO community, including exhibitors.
Submission Guidelines for Symposia, Topical Reviews and Workshops
All proposals must be submitted by the deadline of 8 July 2020 at 12:00 EDT, GMT-04:00. Proposals should include the information below via the submission form.
- Contact/Primary Organizer's Information
- Organizer's name, affiliation, country, and email address
*Each Symposium, Topical Review or Workshop program should have 2-3 organizers
- Title and abstract
- Why is this topic important now and needed in contrast to other years?
- For Symposium proposals, which existing topic subcommittees* (any combination of A&T, S&I and FS), if any, would this topic be most aligned with?
*Note that it is not necessary that the proposed symposium be aligned with any existing subcommittee of CLEO.
- For A&T Topical Review proposals, which existing topic subcommittees* (A&T as well as any relevant S&I and FS), if any, would this topic be most aligned with?
*Note that it is not necessary that the proposal be aligned with any existing subcommittee of CLEO.
- For Workshops, what are the conflicting or opposing opinions that can be rationally argued about the proposed topic?
- Proposed invited speaker list* and talk titles (for Symposia and Topical Reviews) or proposed moderator and panelists (for Workshops).
*Not necessary to contact speakers until notification of acceptance of symposium proposal. All invited speaker lists will require approval of the Program Chairs before invitations can be extended.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
Timeline for Proposals
|8 July 2020
||Deadline for proposal submissions
||Proposal submissions reviewed by 2020 General and Program Chairs
|27 July 2020
||Proposal contact notified of status