Propose a Special Symposium, A&T Topical Review or Workshop
Submission Deadline: Wednesday, 07 July 2021 (12:00 EDT, UTC-04:00)
Call for Proposals:
Curate a Technical Program for Presentation in 2022
CLEO welcomes all members of the optics and photonics community to suggest topics or ideas for three technical programs: Special Symposia, Applications & Technology Topical Reviews and Workshops.
Proposals, which must be submitted by Wednesday, 07 July, will be evaluated by CLEO General and Program Chairs for possible presentation next year.
Comprised of invited and contributed papers, Special Symposia cover areas considered to be topical and of special interest to CLEO attendees. Submissions should consist of timely, cutting-edge topics and/or new material in rapidly advancing areas. (See topic categories.)
A&T Topical Reviews
Comprised of invited and contributed papers, Applications & Technology Topical Reviews emphasize significant recent advances in the application of photonics technologies to address current, real-world problems. Submissions should consist of timely, cutting-edge topics and/or new material in rapidly advancing areas related to applications and technology.
Composed of a panel of specialists and a moderator, Workshops provide an interactive, open forum to address topics that are not covered by traditional presentations, but are of interest and importance to the CLEO community. The informal format of Workshops promotes expression of conflicting or opposing opinions and significant audience interaction. A submission should consist of a topic, not necessarily technical, for which there is no clear consensus. It should be relevant to all CLEO attendees including exhibitors.
All proposals must be submitted by the deadline of 07 July 2021 at 12:00 (EDT, UTC-04:00). Proposals, which are submitted on an online form, will include the following information.
- Contact/primary organizer's information
- Organizer's name, affiliation, country and email address (Each Symposium, Topical Review or Workshop should have 2-3 organizers.)
- Title and abstract
- Response to why this is a necessary and important topic now (in contrast to other years), and is this topic suited for an interactive workshop format. (If yes, list controversial questions that may be discussed.)
- Which existing topic subcommittees (any combination of A&T, S&I and FS topics), if any, would this topic be most aligned with? (It is not a requirement that the proposed session be aligned with any existing subcommittee.)
- Proposed invited speaker list and talk titles. Proposed speaker list must be diverse and inclusive, 20 percent women and ideally speakers from underrepresented groups. Do not contact speakers until notification of acceptance of symposium proposal. All invited speaker lists will require approval of the Program Chairs before invitations can be extended.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.