Submission Deadline: 10 July 2019 at 12:00 EDT (16:00 GMT)
Assist with Developing the 2020 Technical Program
CLEO welcomes all members of the optics and photonics community to suggest topics or program ideas for two programs: the Applications & Technology Topical Reviews and Special Symposia. All proposals for both programs will be evaluated by CLEO General and Program Chairs.
A symposium should be comprised of invited and contributed papers. These sessions should cover areas considered to be topical and of special interest to attendees in the areas Application & Technology, Science & Innovation and Fundamental Science. (See topic categories.)
Submissions should consist of timely, cutting-edge topics and/or new material in rapidly advancing areas.
A&T Topical Reviews
Topical Reviews are comprised of invited and contributed papers and emphasize significant recent advances in the application of photonics technologies to address current real world problems.
Submissions should consist of timely, cutting-edge topics and/or new material in rapidly advancing areas related to applications and technology.
Submission Guidelines for Symposia and Topical Reviews
All proposals must be submitted by the deadline of 10 July 2019 at 12:00 EDT (16:00 GMT). Proposals should include the information below via the submission form.
- Contact/Primary Organizer's Information
- Organizer's name, affiliation, country, and email address
*Each Symposium or Topical Review program should have 2-3 organizers
- Title and abstract
- Why is this topic important now and needed in contrast to other years?
- For Symposium proposals, which existing topic subcommittees (any combination of A&T, S&I and FS), if any, would this topic be most aligned with?
*Note that it is not necessary that the proposed symposium be aligned with any existing subcommittee of CLEO.
- For A&T Topical Review proposals, which existing topic subcommittees (A&T as well as any relevant S&I and FS), if any, would this topic be most aligned with?
*Note that it is not necessary that the proposal be aligned with any existing subcommittee of CLEO.
- Proposed invited speaker list and talk titles.
* Not necessary to contact speakers until notification of acceptance of symposium proposal. All invited speaker lists will require approval of the Program Chairs before invitations can be extended.
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Timeline for Symposia and Topical Review Proposals
|10 July 2019
||Deadline for proposal submissions
||Proposal submissions reviewed by 2020 General and Program Chairs
||Proposal contact notified of status