CLEO welcomes all members of the optics and photonics community to create and submit a proposal for a special session at the 2021 Conference. The committee will assign accepted proposals to the following three categories:
- Applications & Technology Topical Reviews are comprised of invited and contributed papers and emphasize significant recent advances in the application of photonics technologies to address current real world problems.
- Special Symposia consist of invited and contributed papers and cover areas considered to be topical and of special interest to attendees in the areas Application & Technology, Science & Innovation and Fundamental Science. (See topic categories)
- Workshops, composed of a panel of specialists and a moderator. Each session provides a highly interactive, open forum to address controversial topics that are not covered by traditional presentations, but that are of interest and importance to the CLEO community. The informal format of the workshops promotes significant interaction with the audience and the expression of conflicting or opposing opinions.
All proposals will be evaluated by CLEO General and Program Chairs. Part of the criteria for evaluation will be the diversity of the proposed speaker/panelist lists.
All proposals must be submitted by the deadline of 8 July 2020 at 12:00 EDT (16:00 GMT). Proposals should include the information below via the submission form.
- Contact/Primary Organizer's Information.
- Organizers'* names, affiliations, countries, and email addresses.
*Each session should have 2-3 organizers.
- Title and abstract.
- Why is this topic important now and needed in contrast to other years? Is this topic suited for an interactive workshop format? If so, please list controversial questions to be discussed.
- Which existing topic subcommittees (any combination of A&T, S&I and FS), if any, would this topic be most aligned with?
*Note that it is not necessary that the proposed session be aligned with any existing subcommittee of CLEO.
- Proposed invited speaker list and talk titles. Proposed speaker list must be diverse, including 20% women and ideally will include speakers from underrepresented groups as well.*
*It is not necessary to contact speakers until notification of acceptance of symposium proposal. All invited speaker lists will require approval of the Program Chairs before invitations can be extended.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
|8 July 2020
||Deadline for Special Symposium proposal submissions
||Special Symposium proposal submissions reviewed by 2021 General and Program Chairs
||Special Symposium proposal contact notified of status