CLEO welcomes all members of the optics and photonics community to create and submit a proposal for a Special Symposium at the 2020 Conference. Special Symposia should be comprised of invited and contributed papers, these sessions should cover areas considered to be topical and of special interest to attendees in the areas Application & Technology, Science & Innovation and Fundamental Science. (See topic categories)
Submissions should consist of timely, cutting-edge topics and/or new material in rapidly advancing areas.
All symposium proposals will be evaluated by CLEO General and Program Chairs.
All Special Symposium Proposals must be submitted by the deadline of 10 July 2019 at 12:00 EDT (16:00 GMT). Proposals should include the information below via the submission form.
- Contact/Primary Organizer's Information
- Organizer's name, affiliation, country, and email address
*Each Symposium should have 2-3 organizers
- Symposium title and abstract
- Why is this symposium topic important now and needed in contrast to other years?
- Which existing topic subcommittees (any combination of A&T, S&I and FS), if any, would this topic be most aligned with?
*Note that it is not necessary that the proposed symposium be aligned with any existing subcommittee of CLEO.
- Proposed invited speaker list and talk titles.
* Not necessary to contact speakers until notification of acceptance of symposium proposal. All invited speaker lists will require approval of the Program Chairs before invitations can be extended.
Questions? Contact email@example.com.
|10 July 2019
||Deadline for Special Symposium proposal submissions
||Special Symposium proposal submissions reviewed by 2019 General and Program Chairs
||Special Symposium proposal contact notified of status