15 March 2016
Register and Attend CLEO: 2016 – the Premier International Laser and Electro-Optics Event
With Business-Focused Programming and more than 1,700 Technical Paper Presentations, CLEO:2016 is Poised to be the Industry’s Most Influential Technical and Business Forum
WASHINGTON — CLEO:2016, the Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics, is the premier international forum for scientific and technical optics—from fundamental laser science to photonic applications and products. CLEO:2016 builds on the long-established CLEO/QELS conference and its world-renowned peer-reviewed program. CLEO offers six days of technical sessions, special symposia, tutorials, business programming, exhibits and special events—all highlighting the latest research, applications and market-ready technologies in all areas of lasers and electro-optics.
WHAT: Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO:2016)
05-10 June, Technical Conference
07-09 June, Exhibition
San Jose Convention Center, San Jose, California, USA
“Individually each of the speakers scheduled for CLEO:2016 plenary sessions offer wide-reaching contributions to the field,” said Christian Wetzel, Rensselaer Polytechnic Inst., USA and 2016 General Chair. “The plenary sessions serve as a key forum for the conference and this year’s line-up will undoubtedly add to the ongoing revolution in a wide range of applications.”
- CLEO: 2016 hosts two plenary sessions featuring keynote addresses from scientific and technological leaders across the globe:
Tuesday, 07 June, 10:30 – 12:30
- Ferenc Krausz, Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics; Ludwig-Maximilians-Universität München, Germany - Revolutions in Ultrafast Science: Tracking and Controlling Motions at the Picometer-Attosecond Scale
- Masataka Nakazawa, Research Institute of Electrical Communication, Tohoku University, Japan - “Multi” is Everywhere
Wednesday, 08 June, 13:00 – 15:00
- Jelena Vuckovic, Stanford University, United States - Quantum Nanophotonics
- Eicke Weber, Director of the Fraunhofer Institute for Solar Energy Systems ISE and professor of physics/solar energy at the Department of Mathematics and Physics and the Department of Engineering respectively, University of Freiburg, Germany - Harvesting Solar Energy with Highest Conversion Efficiencies: Materials Challenges of Record Multijunction Solar Cells
Nicusor Iftimia, Physical Sciences Inc., USA and 2016 General Chair said, “Organizing a successful CLEO conference each year is an enormous task that is under-taken by many volunteers. The high quality of the CLEO program is a direct result of the efforts of the technical program chairs, subcommittee chairs and committee members. We would like to thank these volunteers for making it possible for CLEO to continue as the foremost laser science and photonic applications conference.”
offers high-quality content in five core event elements featuring breakthrough research and applied innovations in ultrafast lasers, energy-efficient optics, quantum electronics, biophotonics and more.
CLEO: Applications & Technology
- The new CLEO: Applications & Technology program explores the intersection of academic research with product commercialization. This area of the conference is where innovative technologies, with potentially high commercial impact are presented. Sessions provide proof-of-concept prototypes, field trials and test data, and manufacturing advances in areas such as metrology, “green” technologies (LEDs and solar cells), biomedical applications, industrial instrumentation, and other end-user products.
CLEO: Science & Innovations
– The “classic” CLEO program that for more than 35 years has covered applied research and innovations in lasers, optical materials, and photonic devices. Hot topics to be covered this year include laser processing of materials, terahertz technologies, high-field and ultrafast optics and biophotonics.
CLEO: QELS – Fundamental Science
– The Quantum Electronics and Laser Science (QELS) program continues to be the premier venue for discussion of fundamental research in optical and laser physics-related areas. Topics will include optics, modern spectroscopy, quantum information science, molecular manipulation and control, nanophotonics and metamaterials.
- In addition to the 250 participating companies from across the globe, CLEO: Expo features show floor programming that highlights business trends and market applications.
- CLEO: Market Focus - Part of the CLEO: Applications & Technology program, Market Focus sessions cover business and commercialized applications in four topical areas: energy, biophotonics, defense and industrial.
- Technology Transfer Showcase - The CLEO Technology Transfer Program offers attendees from industry a “one-stop” opportunity to learn about the latest optics and photonics technologies coming out of universities and government labs.
- Power Lunch - Participate in high-level discussions with industry leaders who will provide insight on how to navigate through a challenging market. Attendees will have the opportunity to speak one-on-one with experienced leaders representing different markets who will share their wisdom on surviving and growing a business during difficult economic times.
Media/analyst registration for CLEO:2016
Please contact us or visit the event website at cleoconference.org
for additional information, including travel arrangement details.
With a distinguished history as the industry's leading event on laser science, the Conference on Lasers and Electro-Optics (CLEO) is the premier international forum for scientific and technical optics, uniting the fields of lasers and opto-electronics by bringing together all aspects of laser technology, from basic research to industry applications. CLEO: Expo showcases the latest products and applications from more than 300 participating companies, providing hands-on demonstrations of the latest market innovations and applications. The Expo also offers valuable on-floor programming, including Market Focus and the Technology Transfer programs.
Managed by The Optical Society
(OSA) and sponsored by the American Physical Society's Laser Science Division
, IEEE Photonics Society
and OSA, CLEO provides the full range of critical developments in the field, showcasing the most significant milestones from laboratory to marketplace. With an unparalleled breadth and depth of coverage, CLEO connects all of the critical vertical markets in lasers and electro-optics. For more information, visit the event website at cleoconference.org