Learn When the 2017 Paper Submission Site Opens
2017 Call for Special Symposium Proposals
Submission Deadline: 11 July 2016
Along with the technical sessions spanning the areas covered by Application & Technology, Science & Innovation and Fundamental Science, CLEO holds Special Symposia, comprising of invited and contributed papers, on areas deemed to be topical and of special interest to attendees of the entire conference.
We are continuing the open call for symposia for CLEO: 2017. We welcome every member every member of the optics and photonics community, world-wide, to submit a proposal for a Special Symposium for consideration for the CLEO: 2017 program. Submissions should consist of timely, cutting-edge topics and/or new material in rapidly advancing areas.
All Symposium proposals will be evaluated by CLEO: 2017 General and Program Chairs.
All Special Symposium Proposals must be submitted by the deadline of 11 July 2016 at 12:00 EDT (16:00 GMT). Proposals should include the information below via the submission form.
- Contact/Primary Organizer's Information
- Organizer's name, affiliation, country, and email address
*Each Symposium should have 2-3 organizers
- Symposium title and abstract
- Why is this symposium topic important now and needed in contrast to other years?
- Which existing topic subcommittees (any combination of A&T, S&I and FS), if any, would this topic be most aligned with?
*Note that it is not necessary that the proposed symposium be aligned with any existing subcommittee of CLEO.
- Proposed invited speaker list and talk titles.
* Not necessary to contact speakers until notification of acceptance of symposium proposal. All invited speaker lists will require approval of the Program Chairs before invitations can be extended.
||Deadline for Special Symposium Proposal Submissions
||Special Symposium Proposal Submissions Reviewed by 2017 General and Program Chairs
25 July 2016
|Special Symposium Proposal Contact Notified of Status
|mid August 2016
||Special Symposium Final Information due to CLEO Management