The submission period for 2017 papers is now closed.
We encourage you to consider presenting in 2018.
If you'd like to be the first to know when we begin accepting submissions for 2018, please sign up for updates
Propose a 2018 Symposium Topic
Special Symposia Proposal Deadline: 10 July 2017
Along with the technical sessions spanning the areas covered by Application & Technology, Science & Innovation and Fundamental Science, CLEO holds Special Symposia, comprising of invited and contributed papers, on areas deemed to be topical and of special interest to attendees of the entire conference.
We welcome every member of the optics and photonics community, world-wide, to submit a proposal for a Special Symposium for consideration for the CLEO program. Submissions should consist of timely, cutting-edge topics and/or new material in rapidly advancing areas.
All Symposium proposals will be evaluated by CLEO General and Program Chairs.
All Special Symposium Proposals must be submitted by the deadline of 10 July 2017 at 12:00 EDT (16:00 GMT). Proposals should include the information below via the submission form.
- Contact/Primary Organizer's Information
- Organizer's name, affiliation, country, and email address
*Each Symposium should have 2-3 organizers
- Symposium title and abstract
- Why is this symposium topic important now and needed in contrast to other years?
- Which existing topic subcommittees (any combination of A&T, S&I and FS), if any, would this topic be most aligned with?
*Note that it is not necessary that the proposed symposium be aligned with any existing subcommittee of CLEO.
- Proposed invited speaker list and talk titles.
* Not necessary to contact speakers until notification of acceptance of symposium proposal. All invited speaker lists will require approval of the Program Chairs before invitations can be extended.
|10 July 2017
||Deadline for Special Symposium Proposal Submissions
||Special Symposium Proposal Submissions Reviewed by 2017 General and Program Chairs
28 July 2017
|Special Symposium Proposal Contact Notified of Status
||Special Symposium Final Information due to CLEO Management