Increase Your Industry Knowledge
Short Courses cover a broad range of topic areas at a variety of educational levels. The courses are taught by highly regarded industry experts on a number of subjects. Whether you choose a course designed for beginners or for more advanced instruction, the small size of each class gives you an excellent opportunity for personalized instruction. One copy of the Course Notes will be distributed on-site.
Certificates of Attendance are available for those who register and attend a course. To request a certificate after the conference, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with your name, the course name, conference name and year.
Two New Courses for 2017
SC456 - How to Start a Company [New]
Instructors: Jes Broeng, DTU, Denmark; Milton Chang, Incubic, USA
This Short Course will help people thinking about starting their own company and provide practice-oriented tools to help aspiring entrepreneurs who have a scientific or engineering background.
The course will include a workshop session, where start-up ideas from the attendees may be introduced and strengthened under the instructor’s guidance, and an informal networking lunch.
SC455 - Integrated Photonics for Quantum Information Science and Technology [New]
Instructor: Dirk Englund; MIT, USA
The Short Course will cover basic concepts and recent progress in photonic integrated circuits technology for quantum information processing, with a focus on two primary application areas: quantum communications and quantum computing.
The Benefits of a Short Course
- Enhance your industry knowledge by learning the latest and most innovative information on laser science to photonic applications.
- Gain exposure to emerging fields; choose from 18 courses covering a variety of cutting-edge topics in laser science and electro-optics.
- Network with peers and colleagues -- experts in their fields.
- Learn from world-class instructors in academia, government and private industry in a small class, personalized environment.
- Short Course registrants can also access the CLEO:EXPO, valuable business programming like Market Focus and Technology Transfer, and the highly esteemed Plenary session.